• Hello Guest, the Post-Trespasser timeline is open to all characters now. If you want to play your DA:O/DA2 timeline characters in the Post-Trespasser timeline, please check out the thread below. It will give you all the information you need to get up and running in no time:

Getting your DA:O/DA2 Character ready for Post-Trespasser!

Afternoon Spree [Closed]

Harmon Cabot

Apostate
Apostate
DAO/DA2 Timeline
(( 21 Firstfall, 35 Dragon, Afternoon ))

Kirkwall was different than Ansburg. Harmon had known that the second he’d stepped foot in the city, but a few short days wasn’t enough for him to pinpoint the root of all these differences. There certainly were a lot less mages walking about - they were all tucked safely away in the Gallows, or so he’d heard. It was a much bigger city, and he still hadn’t decided if he liked the scent of the ocean following him about so much. There was plenty of time for him to sort that out, though.

Harmon let his thought wander about as he followed along behind June. He naturally fell into step with her. By now it was a subconscious habit of his: staying with her was safety, even more so if he matched her pace and kept a half-step to the rear and right of her. Hope prickled at the back of his mind, obviously just as excited as he was about their new surroundings. So much to do, so many folks to help. June was keeping them on a tight leash for now, but Harmon knew she’d loosen up soon enough. Her vigilance had kept them safe this far. Once they’d settled in more, he was sure she’d relax more, though. He had to admit, he missed that calm and content June quite a bit.

Harmon’s reverie was broken as June veered them through the doors of a shop. At first the scent overwhelmed him. It wasn’t just the damp smells of Lowtown anymore - it was full of so many things he could hardly pick one scent out from the other. He blinked and turned to June, ready to ask a question that she already had an answer for.

“We need supplies, and you need more of your herbs. Can’t have you wandering outside the city until we’re settled in. This’ll have to do for now, alright?”

“Alright,” Harmon replied with a nod. He didn’t need to be told twice, so he immediately followed his nose to the first scent he could recognize: rosemary. It didn’t take long to find a tidy basket full of dried leaves, perfect for one of his specialty potions. Behind him he could hear June speaking with someone he could only assume was the shop’s owner, but he couldn’t be bothered to eavesdrop as he began to sort through the leaves for just the right ones to purchase.

Torin

Does this dress make my butt look big?
Apostate
DAO/DA2 Timeline
Kirkwall. For a city that had been spoken of in such an ill manner before he had even stepped foot on it's shores, it was proving to be far less perilous than his imagination had run on with. From everything that he had been told before coming here, he had envisioned Templars to be lining every street corner at every hour of the day. Paranoid eyes under thick helmets did not watch his every movement of each day however, especially here in Lowtown. Rather the opposite in most cases, considering he had grown quite proficient at moving around via rooftop. Higher ground was always preferred.

Such was the case now, his black leather boots making only a light amount of noise as he delicately balanced on the tan brick that made up the maze of housing and business' alike. From here he could watch the people below without fear of offending anyone – hardly anyone looked up when they were moving about. It was far more likely they stared at their feet.

People watching was not on the agenda this moment however, his movements hastily bringing him toward Nadia's shop. He needed to take his own personal inventory on what he had there to work with – her book with tallied marks did little to aid him and he could collect ingredients faster on his own than if she were to order them through someone else.

For the most part, their tiny little spot in Kirkwall had been relatively quiet – it was a new shop in a new area after all and Nadia had yet to create the client base she had back in Redcliffe. So, naturally, it was a slight surprise to hear Nadia chattering away with a woman he could only assume was a customer as he reached the window of the establishment. He thought very little about using the front door however, his slender but muscled frame fitting through the arch sitting high in the wall, his feet hitting the wood planks of the floor with a dull creak, his body in a low crouch.

Torin rose to his full height but a second later, his sleeveless black leather and patchwork trench coat hanging open to show off both muscle as well as the rich brown color of his skin. His pants matched his coat, patchwork and dark in color. Long blue-black hair hung loose today, the soft waves falling over either shoulder and ending at his mid back. It wasn't until he had righted himself that he took notice of the fact that he had landed rather close to another person – someone he hadn't heard talking and who currently had a sprig of rosemary within their hand.

Whether or not his entrance had alarmed said stranger didn't seem to matter to Torin, his face lighting up at the sight of the herb and he moved closer, his own hand reaching out and brushing past the shoulder of the man to take up a clipping of the plant himself.

”Cooking or crafting?” he inquired with a smile touching his lips, the green of his eyes flitting toward the man's face now, ignoring the fact that Nadia was now sputtering behind the counter.

”I-how many times have I told you to use the front door?!” The stammering continued as she redirected her words toward the woman in front of her. ”He's impossible I swear – can't do a blasted thing about it either. Harmless but - “ She sighed into her hand, her teeth biting on her lip as she tried to focus on what it was they were discussing before he had “dropped” in. To her at least, Torin's actions were at least somewhat normal now. "Anyways, I'm sure you can find most of what you're looking for right over here. Anything else I would be more than happy to order for you.”

Harmon Cabot

Apostate
Apostate
DAO/DA2 Timeline
That one wouldn’t do. Nor would that one. While Harmon would admit this shop’s selection was decent, there was no way it could beat an afternoon hike in the wilderness to find fresh leaves to work with. He turned over another bunch before gently putting them back in their basket with a sigh. Still not right.

A tug pulled at the back of his mind. Hope had picked up on something, but Harmon simply shook his head and sniffled it off. She probably just wanted to listen to whatever it was June and the shopkeeper were talking about - her curiosity had become insatiable ever since they’d set foot in the city - but Harmon knew she could listen just as easily from the basket of rosemary than right beside their guardian.

Hope’s tug turned into a yank as soon as Harmon felt a hand brush by his shoulder. He sidestepped in time to see another man pull some of the rosemary from the basket before asking, ”Cooking or crafting?” Harmon opened his mouth to awkwardly stutter out an answer only to be interrupted by the shopkeeper.

”I-how many times have I told you to use the front door?!” She turned to June to quickly begin an earnest explanation. ”He's impossible I swear – can't do a blasted thing about it either. Harmless but -”

Harmon knew that look on the woman’s face. He’d seen it almost daily with June. Less so now that they were safely confined in the city, but it still managed to show up. She didn’t seem to notice, though. She was wearing her...well, Harmon wasn’t quite sure he’d seen that face before. Focused, yes. Her shoulders were a little too high, too tense, though, and her lips were pulled up in an agreeable smile. Hands on the counter, laced together in front of her and keeping her balance a little forward, leaned in for conversation probably. Inquisitive. Interested. Intrigued. Harmon wasn’t sure he’d seen her wear this particular mask before.

Nevertheless, a laugh broke the silence that hung in the air. He couldn’t help it, and he could feel Hope bubbling up in the back of his mind. Today just got much more exciting.

“My apologies, serah,” he said as soon as he settled down. “I’ve seen June make that same face of yours plenty of times. It seems your friend and I share the same penchant for troublesomeness, wouldn’t you say, June?”

“I -” Her stance straightened along with the line of her mouth. “I wouldn’t have to make that face so much if you didn’t wander off all the time. Now then…” Reset. Fingers laced back together. Lifted smile and a little lean over the counter. “What were you saying about ordering items?”

Harmon left them to continue their conversation and turned back to his own. “Crafting, actually,” he finally answered. “You would not believe the many things one can do with rosemary. Actually…” His gaze settled on the sprig in the man’s hand. “That’s quite the specimen you’ve picked up there. Mind if I take a look at it?”