• Hello Guest, the Post-Trespasser timeline is open to all characters now. If you want to play your DA:O/DA2 timeline characters in the Post-Trespasser timeline, please check out the thread below. It will give you all the information you need to get up and running in no time:

Getting your DA:O/DA2 Character ready for Post-Trespasser!

Blessed Are They Who Stand: The Siege of Kirkwall - DAI Timeline

Cauthrien

Warden-Constable of Ferelden
Staff member
Canon Character
Grey Warden
Post DAI Timeline
DAO/DA2 Timeline
Date: Harvestmere/Firstfall, 9:41 Dragon

Plot: Following the failure of Corypheus' plots to assassinate Empress Celene and use the Orlesian Grey Wardens to create a demon army, the Venatori and Red Templars lay siege to Kirkwall, seeking to claim the City of Chains and use its ancient propensity for blood magic to augment their power, along with the red lyrium that had begun to spread from Meredith Stannard's petrified form. The defenders of Kirkwall send a plea to the Inquisition for aid.

Who can join in?

Pretty much anyone in the DAI timeline who wants to, with special invites to Kirkwall-based canons and OC's. This will be a major Inquisition operation, as well

Check back here for updates and an OOC kickoff date!

Nicolette O'Hara

Prominent member
DAO/DA2 Timeline
Woopwoop!

Addie will be there, doing organisation from inside the siege. Isabela will also be nearby and cursing her timing. If the Wicked Grace is close by as well, Nicolette can contribute too!

Cullen

Commander of the Inquisition
Canon Character
Post DAI Timeline
DAO/DA2 Timeline
Templar
A particularly vexed Cullen shall make an appearance. The Red Templars and Venatori are enough to make his blood boil, but he can also potentially butt heads with any non-Red templars still in Kirkwall (are there any??).

Cullen

Commander of the Inquisition
Canon Character
Post DAI Timeline
DAO/DA2 Timeline
Templar
Chantry still a pile of rubble? It's canon that templars were either stationed at Circles or at Chantries.

For those that didn't wind up jumping on the Inquisition bandwagon and, in contrast, for those that didn't become Red Templars, it stands to reason that...

1. If it's still a hole in the ground, there might be some of the more pious templars around that stayed behind in the hopes to help rebuild a new Chantry.
or
2. If it was rebuilt, they might be stationed/squatting there albeit a shadow of the force they once were. Likely a motley bunch, if anything.
or
3. Some former ones may have even joined the City Guard for, as you've said, lack of options but also wanting to stay useful somehow.

Just some thoughts.

Dorian Pavus

Canon Character
Noble
Post DAI Timeline
DAO/DA2 Timeline
I would really love Dorian to be involved! And he has a good personal reason considering the Venatori involvement.

Cauthrien

Warden-Constable of Ferelden
Staff member
Canon Character
Grey Warden
Post DAI Timeline
DAO/DA2 Timeline
Cullen , I'm going to guess that with the steadily escalating shitstorm that Kirkwall kicked off, the Chantry was never rebuilt, but I think you are right that there would be at least a few templars remaining.

Dorian Pavus , absolutely! The more, the merrier!

Hanamene Thornecroft

Prominent member
DAO/DA2 Timeline
If I can figure out a way that makes sense, I'd like to join in the fun too. Likely just Hana sans Drakestone Reserve as the logistics of spiriting a small cavalry unit across the sea would be a big and impractical headache.

She has some connections in Kirkwall by way of her former employer. Maybe they make Hal an agent of the Inquisition, later leaving him to help w/ repairs there?