• Hello Guest, the Post-Trespasser timeline is open to all characters now. If you want to play your DA:O/DA2 timeline characters in the Post-Trespasser timeline, please check out the thread below. It will give you all the information you need to get up and running in no time:

Getting your DA:O/DA2 Character ready for Post-Trespasser!

Moonlit Heart-to-Heart [Closed]

Teagan Guerrin

Arl of Redcliffe
Canon Character
Noble
Post DAI Timeline
DAO/DA2 Timeline
(( 17 Harvestmere, Late Evening - @Breanna Guerrin ))

The moon shone brightly over the foothills near Denerim, marking a path by which their horses could easily travel. Bastian had been restless when he was retrieved from the stables, but thankfully he'd calmed in the presence of Breanna's horse. Teagan, as well, felt a sense of ease, despite the subject matter looming over them.

He was meeting with Alistair tomorrow, and they had yet to truly speak about the matter of Rigby Spearman and everything he represented. If he could've avoided the conversation, he very well might have, but it wasn't fair to Breanna. Spearman and his ilk might be a threat to the Guerrins as a whole one day, but this particular burden was Breanna's to bear, now and in the future.

Were he more like his brother, he would have tried to save face after the engagement was dissolved. In the back of his mind, he knew a political union was being lost, but it hardly signified as a concern. That Breanna was happy and did not feel forced into anything was of far more importance to him. She could choose never to marry, and he would be content with that. Or she could run off with someone tomorrow. He'd have thoughts on that, certainly, but interfering in such a thing would make him quite the hypocrite, considering he'd wanted to do the same once upon a time.

For now, he opted not to have the needed conversation in a stifling room over a dinner table, but out here, amidst the stars. He'd spoken to Kiley earlier in the night and there was new information to relay--not the least of which was to be the woman's continued involvement in investigating these matters. These were all things Breanna needed to know, and very likely things she deserved a say in. He supposed he'd cross that bridge when they got there, and hopefully the relationship they'd built would make it to the other side.

Leading Bastian along a sloping footpath, he kept the horse beside Breanna's as he spoke. "The top of this hill should give a view that's unobstructed by the trees. I expect the instant we get there this very clear sky will suddenly cloud over and dump untold amounts of rain on us."

Breanna Guerrin

Bann of Rainesfere
Noble
DAO/DA2 Timeline
“That would be our luck, wouldn’t it? Here we are, simply wanting sight of the stars, and the sky rewards us with a bath instead.” Breanna quipped, a smile playing at her lips. It was easier to smile around Teagan than it had been back in Rainesfere. In reality, if not for the fact that she had been pushing off a trip to Denerim for some time, she’d scarcely have time to leave. But there were a variety of reasons to come, and while most were business in nature, the most important one was the man riding beside her.

Looking up towards the sky briefly, she drew in a breath and let it out slowly, finding herself enjoying the smell of the sea. It will always make her uncomfortable being close by it, she was certain, but at least she didn’t blame it anymore for trying to drown her.

“Although I have always wondered what it would be like to gallop in the rain…” She’d thought nothing of the sort. Ever. Galloping of any kind what something she frankly tried to avoid. Despite her continued lessons on horseback riding, it was something she doubted she would ever be very keen on.

“Still, rain or not, it would be good having your company again for a time. And it’s very nice being outdoors for some fresh air.” She glanced sideways at him, amused. “Even if it should concern me that you brought me all the way out here just to have a talk.” She had a feeling she knew what it was about, but she had to make light of it before things got too heavy.

Teagan Guerrin

Arl of Redcliffe
Canon Character
Noble
Post DAI Timeline
DAO/DA2 Timeline
“That would be our luck, wouldn’t it? Here we are, simply wanting sight of the stars, and the sky rewards us with a bath instead.” A smile lit her face, and for a moment Teagan might have been fooled into thinking this would be a rather easy conversation.

Certainly not. Not with the things she'd left unsaid in her letters, and the delicate nature of the situation as a whole.

“Although I have always wondered what it would be like to gallop in the rain…”

"Very wet, I suspect," he quipped. "Although my experience has mostly pertained to galloping through the mud, and that's unpleasant for everyone."

Bastian especially. The chestnut stallion he rode was a beautiful beast, and the horse was well aware of that fact. He pranced and preened when he had the chance, and hated being dirty.

“Still, rain or not, it would be good having your company again for a time." She might not have that opinion by the time they returned. "And it’s very nice being outdoors for some fresh air. Even if it should concern me that you brought me all the way out here just to have a talk.”

"Where else am I to confess the murders I have planned?" he said, the corner of his mouth tipping upward. "I hope you don't have anywhere to be this evening. It may take some time to get through the list."

Those who happened upon Teagan's conversations with his daughter must think them both mad. He would blame it on that dry, somewhat sardonic sense of humor they both seemed to share.

Guiding Bastian along the footpath, he waited until they'd crested the hill to lead into the more serious topics. If he had his way, he might never discuss it with her at all, but deep down Teagan knew that was wrong. Strange how he was so protective over someone he'd only truly met as an adult.

He brought his horse to a stop near a small cluster of trees and swung his leg over the side to dismount. The reins were tethered to a tree and Bastian was given a handful of oats to munch on before he began tearing the grass out of the earth. He could have delayed longer, but he'd never been one for cowardice.

"I know I'm not exactly in your good graces at the moment, and I want to start by saying I know I could have handled this better," he said, turning to face her with a small sigh. "All of it, really. And I won't make excuses for myself in that regard. But I also won't apologize for being worried about you."

Eamon hated that. At least have the decency to act contrite, he'd always said. But Teagan would not apologize for being concerned over his daughter's well-being.

"Spearman is a fool, but he's connected to people who have an interest in seeing our family laid low. That they would target you instead of me..." His jaw clenched, his lips pressing into a thin line, easing somewhat when he realized how that likely sounded. "I know you can take care of yourself, Breanna, and I know you chose to be a part of this life, but I can't help feeling responsible for it, just the same."

Breanna Guerrin

Bann of Rainesfere
Noble
DAO/DA2 Timeline
"Where else am I to confess the murders I have planned?" he quipped, his amusement obvious. "I hope you don't have anywhere to be this evening. It may take some time to get through the list."

Somehow, she wouldn’t put it past him to plan murders. Not that he was the murderous type, but yet… Well, these were strange thoughts to have about your father. And yet, she wouldn’t put it past him to have plotted out Spearman’s death, if he knew he could get away with it. Maybe. As a last resort. "No, no plans. I follow your lead."

She followed Teagan’s path, allowing herself time to try and relax. Things had been impossibly tense lately, and she knew she never really was comfortable anymore. Rainesfere, while very much feeling like home, was starting to feel less like a safe haven and more like… a noose was forming around her neck with every passing day. But she didn’t dare say that to Teagan, not knowing the way he was already reacting to things. And yet, if there was anyone she could trust, she knew it was him. But by turning to him, wasn’t she proving everyone’s point? That she couldn’t do anything without his help? That maybe Rainesfere was better off with someone else in charge of it, if she couldn’t even defend herself, let alone the town.

Her thoughts were cut off by Teagan dismounting. Evidently they’d reached their destination. Wordlessly, she dismounted, caring for her own horse in a fashion similar to what Teagan was doing.

"I know I'm not exactly in your good graces at the moment, and I want to start by saying I know I could have handled this better. All of it, really. And I won't make excuses for myself in that regard. But I also won't apologize for being worried about you." Breanna sighed softly, lowering her gaze and trying not to interject when she knew he wasn’t done yet. "Spearman is a fool, but he's connected to people who have an interest in seeing our family laid low. That they would target you instead of me..." She looked up then, watching his eyes as he paused to consider his words. "I know you can take care of yourself, Breanna, and I know you chose to be a part of this life, but I can't help feeling responsible for it, just the same."

“I… do not mind that you care, Teagan. Nor do I blame you for wanting to watch over your... lineage,” she remarked, knowing it was more than that to him, but not having a better term for it at that moment. “I just… it frustrates me that you acted on your own, without my own consultation. It is not a very good endorsement, now is it? That I cannot be involved in something that directly ties back to me. Because that is precisely how it looks, Teagan. I have ears, I know what people say about me. And that I, apparently, cannot be entrusted with something like this? It very much only seems to add fuel to the fire.”

Teagan Guerrin

Arl of Redcliffe
Canon Character
Noble
Post DAI Timeline
DAO/DA2 Timeline
He could see the tension in her brow, the desire to interject as he spoke. She didn't, which he supposed was a testament to how well she knew him now. When they'd first come to know one another, he was fairly certain she would have assumed the worst of his words and the intent behind him. Now she gave him the opportunity to explain himself while still pointing out when he was wrong.

“I… do not mind that you care, Teagan. Nor do I blame you for wanting to watch over your... lineage." That word stung, but Teagan resisted the urge to correct it. For now. As she'd come to understand him, he'd come to understand her, as well. “I just… it frustrates me that you acted on your own, without my own consultation. It is not a very good endorsement, now is it? That I cannot be involved in something that directly ties back to me. Because that is precisely how it looks, Teagan. I have ears, I know what people say about me. And that I, apparently, cannot be entrusted with something like this? It very much only seems to add fuel to the fire.”

"That's not what I intended," he said with a soft sigh. Patting Bastian's neck, he moved away from the horses and toward the tallest point of the hill. "But I suppose it doesn't matter what I intended. You're right." The toe of his boot dug into loose dirt and he turned back to face her. "I do trust you, Breanna. I think sometimes I'm... not especially adept at showing it. I suppose a part of me feels directly responsible for you being subjected to any of this at all. If you hadn't taken the Guerrin name, if you weren't bann..."

He frowned at that, a furrow just between his brows so similar to the one he'd seen in Breanna not moments before. "You have no idea how proud I am of you," he said softly. He lifted a hand, hesitating a moment before he briefly rested it on her cheek. "I know you're capable. I know you can endure these things. But I look back on conversations I had with your mother and I can't help feeling like I'm the one who made you a target; that you're in this position because of me."

The words had been said in anger. He knew that. There were plenty of things he'd said--to Catriona and Breanna both--that he would gladly take back if he could. But it didn't change the fact that some part of him saw the truth in it. Perhaps he hadn't demanded she take up the position, as Eamon had done with him. But there was weight in the name she bore, and weight in the fact that she was the last Guerrin who could directly inherit this legacy.

"I would like to make this right. We can speak to Alistair together, if you wish. Or discuss it between us as arl and bann, in a way that doesn't involve my personal feelings on the matter. If you truly believe Spearman is of no concern..." His jaw tightened, but he forced it to relax. "I will trust your judgment. I won't like it, but that is not my decision to make."