• Hello Guest, the Post-Trespasser timeline is open to all characters now. If you want to play your DA:O/DA2 timeline characters in the Post-Trespasser timeline, please check out the thread below. It will give you all the information you need to get up and running in no time:

Getting your DA:O/DA2 Character ready for Post-Trespasser!

September Featured Character Nominations

The Maker

Administrator
Staff member
September Featured Character Nominations

It's time to nominate up to TWO of your favorite characters for the month of September. Please include a REASON for your nomination. We also would like to encourage you to include a question you would like to ask the character or about the character.

Nominations close on September 25th, with Polls going up the next morning!

Cauthrien

Warden-Constable of Ferelden
Staff member
Canon Character
Grey Warden
Post DAI Timeline
DAO/DA2 Timeline
I nominate Ferren Bairston because the character is simply a delight to read, whether he's being the official Guard-Captain, Riane's second-favorite person or Lin's partner in shenanigans.

My question for Ferren: if you had to choose between the magic curls and Lin, which would it be?

I nominate Magnus because he is a quirky character whose mix of proper upbringing and less than proper occupation makes for an amusing study in contrasts.

My question for Magnus: Which tattoo is your favorite?

Hanamene Thornecroft

Prominent member
DAO/DA2 Timeline
I nominate Cauthrien MacLean because the player brought a lot of life and badass complexity to her character that we didn't get to see much of in the video game itself and now I actually have a hard time playing DA:O because I keep thinking Cauthrien's scenes were cut or something. That's how artfully and convincingly this character was developed, imho. Cauthrien is very leading lady to me now, and I can't picture otherwise, and... ok, I'm going to stop now because my girl crush is showing.

My Q for C: Do you think Loghain's execution and Anora's exile was a king's justice or a man's revenge?

....Oh, and Magnus wanted me to pass on the message that he can't really talk about it... given its location.

I also nominate Linette Botten because she's sass on a stick and I also really enjoy reading her world view / thinky thoughts between her dialogue. Her POV kills me at times but it's also a fun and refreshing change of pace to rp with. Total firecracker. I dig her so hard. I'm looking forward to Magnus being as impressed by as terrified of her.

My Q for L: Will Magnus live to regret possibly, maybe, accidentally exploring Linette's room while she's away?

Ferren Bairston

Guard-Captain of Highever
Staff member
DAO/DA2 Timeline
I nominate Mara Kerr because it's not easy to play a character that's spiraling so fast and so hard. Mara's life was changed in an instant, and her player has done a great job playing that out.

My question for Mara's player: Do you think she'll ever truly come to terms with her life as a Warden, or will a part of her always resent it?

I also nominate Celeste Monroe not just because she's a fun and interesting character, but also because of the work her player puts in ensuring her entire crew--and they ship in which they reside--are fleshed out.

My question for Celeste's player: Who's your favorite crew member to write and why?

Fergus Cousland

Teyrn of Highever
Staff member
Canon Character
Noble
DAO/DA2 Timeline
I nominate Adelaide Orland because I adore that the character made it through such an awful family life to be a kind and generous person.

My Question for Adelaide: If Adelaide had not grown up as a noble, what life do you think she would have lead?

I nominate Merrill because she is played with the right blend of naivete, wisdom, and charm.

My Question for Merrill: If your clan was willing to take you back with no caveats, would you go?