• Hello Guest, the Post-Trespasser timeline is open to all characters now. If you want to play your DA:O/DA2 timeline characters in the Post-Trespasser timeline, please check out the thread below. It will give you all the information you need to get up and running in no time:

Getting your DA:O/DA2 Character ready for Post-Trespasser!

Sharing Some Secrets, Keeping Others [Complete]

Alistair Theirin

King of Ferelden
Canon Character
Noble
Grey Warden
Post DAI Timeline
DAO/DA2 Timeline
He hadn't really expected her to laugh at his admission, but he hadn't been entirely sure that she would believe him, either. Twenty-eight years old, king for nearly four years and still a virgin? It sounded ludicrous to him, and he knew it was true.

He was still glad that she didn't laugh, but more than a bit unnerved by the steady way that she regarded him as he spoke. When he finished, she said nothing for a moment, but something in her eyes softened, her hand gently squeezed his again, and her other hand came up to touch his cheek.

“That cannot have been easy for you,” she observed.

“Easier some days than others,” he replied with a shrug and a wry smile. He'd been only too glad to escape the company of some of the women that the bride-hunting effort had matched him with. He had parted from others with real regret; they had been gentle and shy, and he'd suspected he could have loved them, given time, but gentle and shy was not what Ferelden needed in a queen. Still others had left him a mess of conflicting impulses: his body on fire with wanting, his mind shocked at their brazenness, common sense pointing out that such a queen would be every bit as great a disaster as a timid one. “Cold baths do wonders,” he added, not entirely joking, though he hadn't had to resort to them all that often.

"Have you ever kissed a woman," she asked, blue eyes shifting to his mouth briefly, a faint smile touching her own lips as she met his gaze again, "..or a man?"

She was teasing him, as she sometimes did, not maliciously, but there was something else there, too, hovering between seduction and propriety, jolting his nerves in a not unpleasant way.

“Women, yes,” he admitted readily. Once the chaperons had – quite deliberately, he was sure – left the room, he'd been shocked at first at how quickly some of the well-bred young women had abandoned their demure manners. It was a fine line to walk: simply shoving them away would be rude (and, truth be told, some of them he hadn't wanted to shove away), but letting things progress too far might be taken as encouragement or – Maker forbid – a proposal. He'd actually become rather adept at balancing such encounters, stopping things on a good note without saying or doing anything that might bind him to more. And he'd been told he was a good kisser – though he didn't expect they'd have told him he was lousy at it, even if he was.

“No men, though,” he added. “Can't say I've ever had the urge, and the bride-hunt never presented me with one, so...” He trailed off, shrugged again, the smile a bit more whimsical. Maker knew, it would have made the issue of companionship much less problematic, since offspring would never be a concern, but he'd never encountered any man that had interested him in that way. “Had a couple of offers, during the Blight. Not Aedan,” he went on. “Another traveling companion.” Zevran had, he was sure, just been trying to make him blush, not a difficult task in those days. “Never took him up on it.”

He'd been joking, Alistair was positive. Almost positive.

Constance Theirin

Queen of Ferelden
Noble
Post DAI Timeline
DAO/DA2 Timeline
“Women, yes,” Alistair confessed. “No men, though. Can't say I've ever had the urge, and the bride-hunt never presented me with one, so...” He did not finish the thought, growing silent and smiling playfully. “Had a couple of offers, during the Blight. Not Aedan.” That Alistair felt compelled to immediately excuse Aedan as a possibly amused Constance especially given the rumors she heard about the Hero and his friend, Iain. “Another traveling companion. Never took him up on it.”

Constance cataloged the list of those that traveled with Alistair and Aedan during the Blight. There was the qunari she could not recall the name of. There was also Oghren, whom she met once during one of her trips to Amaranthine. Somehow neither struck her as the type interested in men. And then there was the Antivan elf, Zevran. Given the whispers about him, he seemed the most likely of Aedan's companions to have propositioned Alistair.

Her thumb traced the slant of Alistair's cheekbone. She matched his mischievous grin with one of her own. "I have not kissed a woman, though I have had a couple of offers." The grin broadened, "Not Aedan."

She considered for a moment leaning forward just a touch and instigating what would be their first kiss, but did not. Constance could be the aggressor when necessary or she so desired. In this, she would allow Alistair to take the lead and she dropped her hand back to her lap.

Of course, lack of kissing did not preclude her from a little teasing all in good fun. Her chin tilted down, but eyes remained very much focused upon Alistair. A wicked little smile slid upon her mouth as she said, "If you do ever decide to take him up on it, I would appreciate knowing. I might wish to watch."

Alistair Theirin

King of Ferelden
Canon Character
Noble
Grey Warden
Post DAI Timeline
DAO/DA2 Timeline
Alistair wasn't in love with Constance, but he did like her, and the notion of kissing her had actually been kindling a bit of nervous anticipation, if for no other reason that he wouldn't have to worry about giving the wrong impression or accidentally committing himself. Mind you, anything beyond kissing was something he was quite deliberately not letting himself consider, but a kiss? That could be very interesting.

He chuckled as she teased him about Aedan not being one of those who had offered to kiss her; her hand remained on his cheek, her thumb brushing along his cheekbone as she smiled at him. Then she lowered her hand, her smile taking on a wicked edge as she added, "If you do ever decide to take him up on it, I would appreciate knowing. I might wish to watch."

He was a virgin, but he was no innocent. It was no longer an easy task to make him blush; he did so for Leliana and Wynne for old times' sake, but very little truly shocked him any more. Constance's suggestion caught him completely off guard, however, and summoned a mental image that seared itself into his brain before he could confine it in a lead-lined vault. He felt his eyes widen and his mouth fall open.

Him. And Zevran. With Constance watching.

“I -” He gaped at her like a fish, feeling his face going beet red. He snapped his mouth shut, closed his eyes, took a deep breath, banished the unwelcome image – which was undoubtedly going to be returning to haunt him at awkward moments for the foreseeable future – opened his eyes again, found his voice.

Please tell me that was a joke,” he said plaintively. If that was truly what it would take to keep his future bride happy, he was so completely out of luck.

Constance Theirin

Queen of Ferelden
Noble
Post DAI Timeline
DAO/DA2 Timeline
Alistair's eyes widened and his mouth fell slightly agape.

Constance took comfort that she could shock him just as he had shown a talent for surprising her. She kidded with him when she made the comment. But as she sat there and watched the shock redden his face, Constance imagined what such a spectacle might look like. Both men were quite handsome, though she had only seen Zevran once and from afar during Alistair's coronation. He was not as pretty as the elves she preferred in her younger years, but such was not always necessary when there were other attributes to make up for a lack of pretty-beauty.

There were certainly worst images to have floating about in her head.

“I -” Words escaped Alistair, floating away through his still opened mouth. After shutting his eyes and lips, he took a deep breath and looked to her once again, In a bordering on pitiful tone, he begged, Please tell me that was a joke."

Her hand rose to lightly cover laughter touched lips. "You really are the brightest shade of red," she noted before shaking her head and letting out a soft laugh. "Yes, I was joking." She considered continuing the tease but feared he might combust upon the spot. "Do not worry. I will not be asking you to do things that would make someone at the Pearl blush." Proper ladies did not visit the Pearl; that did not mean they knew nothing of the place, though. Constance ran a shipping business and knew a great deal about the inner-workings of whorehouses. Next to liquor, whores were what her men spent the majority of their earnings upon, after all.

"All I ask, Alistair,"
her features softened, a small but sincere smile curving her mouth. "..is that you only do what you are comfortable with." Just a little more teasing. She was having so much fun with it. "Be that kissing other men as I watch." Her grin grew. "Or not."

Alistair Theirin

King of Ferelden
Canon Character
Noble
Grey Warden
Post DAI Timeline
DAO/DA2 Timeline
Constance laughed softly at his discomfiture. "You really are the brightest shade of red," she told him, eyes dancing with amusement. "Yes, I was joking."

“This is nothing,” he admitted with a sheepish grin when his heart had resumed a normal rhythm. “I used to blush at the drop of a hat.” He'd hated it for so long, but what he wouldn't give to have Leliana or Wynne – or even Zevran – around now trying to get a blush out of him.

"Do not worry. I will not be asking you to do things that would make someone at the Pearl blush."

That suggested that Constance knew what would make someone at the Pearl blush, but Alistair wasn't quite bold enough to go there just yet, though he did make a mental note for further inquiry at a later date.

"All I ask, Alistair," she went on with a gentle smile, "..is that you only do what you are comfortable with." Mischief danced in her eyes again. "Be that kissing other men as I watch." The smile turned sly. "Or not."

He was ready for her that time and did not blush, but he did chuckle at the teasing. “Call me old-fashioned,” he told her, “but the only person that I will have any interest in kissing is my wife.” He caught her hand and raised it to his lips for a gentle kiss, his eyes holding hers. He was not Roderick Yorath, and he would not pretend to be, but he suspected that she knew that.

Constance Theirin

Queen of Ferelden
Noble
Post DAI Timeline
DAO/DA2 Timeline
No blush touched Alistair's cheeks at Constance's tease. He did laugh, however. “Call me old-fashioned, but the only person that I will have any interest in kissing is my wife.” Eyes upon hers, he took her hand in his own and lifted her hand to his mouth, laying a soft kiss upon the skin.

Faint, a smile lined Constance's mouth. Seduction could take on many forms, some more overt, others subtle. Roderick typically leaned toward the overt. Alistair's preference was quite the opposite and not all together unpleasant.

She mimicked Alistair, switching the positions of their hands to draw his to lips. Her gaze fixed upon his, her mouth hovering just over his skin as she spoke, "What a coincidence. The only person I have any interest in kissing is my husband." A small kiss followed her words. For as much as Constance dallied in extra-circular pursuits when single, she did not stray once wed.

"I would not call you old-fashioned,"
she said, lowering his hand to place it upon the table. "I might find other names for you, but old-fashioned will not be one of them." A final tease before their time together came to an end. Constance could not stay much longer, business demanding her attention.

Alistair Theirin

King of Ferelden
Canon Character
Noble
Grey Warden
Post DAI Timeline
DAO/DA2 Timeline
"What a coincidence. The only person I have any interest in kissing is my husband." The kiss that touched his hand was as light as the brush of a feather, but it sent a flush of warmth through his veins. When he had first considered proposing to Constance, the best he had hoped for was that she would be discreet in her dalliances. The notion that she would give their vows the same honor that he did was both relieving and a bit frightening, as it put his own inexperience squarely in charge of satisfying what was reputed to be a fairly refined appetite. Not the worst of situations to be in by any means, mind you. He just hoped she was as patient as her current demeanor suggested.

"I would not call you old-fashioned,"
she added, releasing his hand with a smile. "I might find other names for you, but old-fashioned will not be one of them."

That could be either encouraging or terrifying, but for now, he decided to take it as the former. “I look forward to hearing them, my lady,” he told her as Ingram appeared in the door to the solarium, looking apologetic but determined. His time with Constance was one of very few activities that his valet did not deem 'frivolous' and so did not interrupt unless the matter at hand was truly important. “And duty calls, it seems,” he told her with an apologetic smile as he rose. “Enjoy your day.”