• Hello Guest, the Post-Trespasser timeline is open to all characters now. If you want to play your DA:O/DA2 timeline characters in the Post-Trespasser timeline, please check out the thread below. It will give you all the information you need to get up and running in no time:

Getting your DA:O/DA2 Character ready for Post-Trespasser!

So, How About Those 'Vints? [Closed]

Alistair Theirin

King of Ferelden
Canon Character
Noble
Grey Warden
Post DAI Timeline
DAO/DA2 Timeline
((Early Drakonis, 9:41 Dragon, following the events of In Hushed Whispers; Sati Adaar ))

Alistair watched thoughtfully as the door to the audience chamber closed in Dorian’s wake. He’d been quite prepared to loathe the Tevinter mage who had admitted to being involved in the chaos that allowed a foreign power to invade Fereldan soil, weaponize the mages that had been granted sanctuary by Crown and Arl, and inflict blood magic upon Teagan and Kiley before driving them and their children from their own sodding home.

He had arrived at Redcliffe with a company of armed knights at his back, ready for blood, wanting to make someone pay, only to discover that the fight was over, the one deemed responsible reduced to a drooling idiot, the mages who had sworn allegiance to Tevinter expressing buyer’s remorse, and the reason behind it all a tale that strained credulity (and his already thin patience) to the breaking point.

But Dorian had displayed remarkable candor, admitting his own role in the research of the time-traveling magic that Gereon Alexius had (evidently?) invoked on behalf of a mysterious master who was also (supposedly?) the one responsible for the Breach, but who (conveniently?) could not be identified beyond the decidedly vague sobriquet of Elder One.

Their little chat had raised nearly as many questions as it had answered, and the story about the potential future that he and Sati Adaar had been thrown into had hair raising in places that Alistair hadn’t thought he had hair, but at the end of it all, he believed the mage … or at least believed that Dorian believed. He wasn’t ready to knight the man or go drinking with him, but the smite that he’d held in reserve was allowed to dissipate.

Which left Sati Adaar, the so-called Herald of Andraste. Alistair supposed that a talk between them was long overdue. Leliana had spoken well of the former mercenary in her letters, but something about having a potential leader of a potential new religious movement sitting on his back doorstep had never quite settled with him. Maybe actually talking with her face to face would help. Plus, he could compare her account of this “trip to the future that must be prevented” with Dorian’s (though what he would do if they didn’t match up was very much in the air at the moment).

“All right, I’ll see Sati Adaar now,” he told Donal, settling back in his chair to wait. He didn’t know if she had a title beyond “Herald of Andraste”, and damned if he was going to be calling her that for now.

Last edited:

Sati Adaar

Prominent member
Canon Character
Post DAI Timeline
It had been just under a day since Sati and Dorian had tumbled back into the present, eliciting an immediate surrender from Alexius. A fortunate decision on his part; as he fell to his knees, only Sati’s training prevented her from removing his head on the spot. She had been taught never to strike down somebody unarmed, and while that rule was flexible for mages, it was clear that all the fight had left him the moment his plan to rid himself of Sati had failed. She had come out expecting to have to end him quickly, and her sword had held over the trembling muscles of his neck for a few seconds longer than she should have allowed before she finally stepped back.

He had been clapped in chains and removed to the dungeons of Redcliffe castle. On Cullen’s advice, he was to be held for the judgement of Arl Teagan - the man had been ousted by the invading Venatori and Sati wasn’t keen to impose her own authority here in case the Inquisition was seen as no better than the mages they’d just removed. A good decision, it turned out, as the King of Ferelden himself had turned up only hours later, wanting to know what in the Fade had been going on. Alexius was remanded to the custody of the crown with immediate effect, and then the questioning began. First of the castle servants and the mages, and then the Inquisition would follow.

Sati was grateful that she would have some time to gather herself, for she had never been as close to losing control as this before. The rage had built up within her as she and Dorian had navigated the lyrium-scarred lower levels of the dungeons and found servants, the former grand enchanter and some merchants she’d met in Redcliffe living a form of torture she wouldn’t wish on her worst enemy. It had increased when she found the future versions of her companions, quite obviously preserved as long as possible as a torture in itself.

Some of them had clearly not survived. And of those that had...Sati wasn’t going to forget the site of Leliana’s scarred face any time soon.

And then they’d moved above ground, finding the Veil had disappeared and a world of chaos had opened up, everybody subject to the whims of the demons and the Venatori. Despite what that must have been doing to the world at large - farming and providing supplies would be nearly impossible in this sort of state - Alexius had servants bringing him in meals, as though he was any other lord, oblivious to what happened beyond his walls. This apparently was the future he craved, and he was willing to cause untold misery to gain it. And then there were the obvious signs he had been indulging heavily in the use of blood magic.

Those of the Inquisition who were able to leave their cells had come with her. One by one, they had fallen to enable her to escape. Their desolation, their pain and their final bravery had been real, and Sati resolved that this future would never come to pass. She had come out of the portal roaring like a madman, sending Alexius tumbling backwards on the dais and tangling in his robes as he begged her for mercy.

She’d given a quick briefing to the council, all of whom could plainly see that she needed more time before she could speak at length about it. Fortunately, she had apparently earned enough respect by now that they didn’t push for more details. However, she was unlikely to be able to fob off the King with such an excuse. He’d asked to see her after finishing with Dorian, and as Sati waited to be summoned she took another breath to calm herself. When she thought of what had transpired, her hands still shook with anger. She wanted to rip something apart, a sensation both new and completely unwelcome.

Finally, a guard appeared at the tent that had been set aside for her - the inn was full of royal hangers-on and Sati had no intention of sleeping in the castle - and summoned her for the audience.

The King had plainly been furious on his arrival, clearly ready to vent his spleen on the mages who had betrayed his trust and none too happy to find an unaligned army on Fereldan soil. Sati doubted he would welcome her with open arms. Nonetheless she strode to the meeting without hesitation, and entered the chamber at a nod from the guard. King Alistair was no idle monarch, having saved Thedas from a Blight long before a crown got anywhere near his head. Hopefully being royal hadn’t impeded his ability to see reason.

On entering, she dipped a bow straight from the textbook of court etiquette, but kept it brief. They were here to talk. “Your Majesty.” She folded her hands behind her back and met his gaze evenly. “I am Sati Adaar. You wanted my summation of the events of the last few days.”

Alistair Theirin

King of Ferelden
Canon Character
Noble
Grey Warden
Post DAI Timeline
DAO/DA2 Timeline
Having spent time in the company of a bunch of Qunari not too many years back, Alistair was well aware of just how tall the race was, but he was still taken somewhat aback by the height of the woman who stepped through the door. By his best estimate, she had a good six inches on him even without the horns, and while not as burly as the males of her kind, she looked stronger than most of the human men that he knew. The scar on her face was the second thing that he noticed; that she had survived the blow that had given it and kept both her eyes seemed near-miraculous, and just thinking of how painful it must have been made him cringe inwardly. She showed no hint of self-consciousness as she executed a flawless bow and straightened into a stance that would have satisfied any drill sergeant.

“I am Sati Adaar,” she introduced herself evenly, violet eyes steady on his. “You wanted my summation of the events of the last few days.”

Taking anyone at face value was a habit that Alistair had unlearned early in his rule, but it applied mostly to the ingratiating types. When you were the type of person who wanted to be liked, and you were in a position of power, you ended up wary of people who seemed to like you. He’d developed a decided preference over the years for people who didn’t try to kiss his ass. Deliberately or not, Sati Adaar had struck precisely the right tone with the King of Ferelden.

“I do, yes,” he replied, “but first, I would like to thank you. Ferelden owes you - and the Inquisition - a debt of gratitude for the assistance that you have given to its people.” Not just the rifts and demons; he’d received the reports of the renegade mages and templars warring and bandits attacking in the Hinterlands, but his own forces had been occupied with fighting the demons that strayed from the rifts without getting close enough to draw still more demons out of said rifts as fast as they could be killed. “And I owe you a personal thanks for liberating Redcliffe. My uncle and his wife will want to thank you themselves, once they have recovered enough to return.” He'd been frustrated at arriving at Redcliffe and finding nothing left to vent his anger upon, but the Inquisition had resolved the situation with far less bloodshed than would have been likely had he stormed the Arling with a company of mounted knights.

Sati Adaar

Prominent member
Canon Character
Post DAI Timeline
While the King looked stern, that was fully understandable given the circumstances. There was no demand for any formality further than that she had already shown, and he surprised her by first offering thanks. “Ferelden owes you - and the Inquisition - a debt of gratitude for the assistance that you have given to its people.”

That was a pleasant change. While Sati had received thanks from the occasional person before - for saving their family, their farms, their lives - the higher ups tended to respond as though her assistance had been a direct insult. Apparently a lot of people with power responded badly to other people fixing the problems that had been their responsibility (even if they’d done nothing to help).

“And I owe you a personal thanks for liberating Redcliffe. My uncle and his wife will want to thank you themselves, once they have recovered enough to return.”

Sati dipped her head slightly. “I am glad the Inquisition was able to assist. I’m aware we have overstepped our authority in doing so-” as if they even truly had any, other than the faith placed in them by the people who followed her banner - “but it was evident from the start that Alexius was attempting to usurp Redcliffe’s seat, and he needed to be stopped. It is my understanding that he took advantage of the mages’ fear and offered them indentured servitude in the guise of protection. For myself, I am unsure what protection a Tevinter mage could promise while occupying lands he did not own. He certainly appeared to believe he was untouchable.”

And without Dorian, he would have been. She would have stayed in that horrifying future, in total confusion as to what was going on, fighting until she either killed Alexius or was slain herself. It would have become the present. It still might, unless they could work out a way of closing the rifts for good and working out who Alexius was answering to.

The facts had to be in order. Just because the King had been gracious so far didn’t mean he couldn’t get annoyed at her interference later. “What do you want to know?”