The World State of Kirkwall
Known as the City of Chains, Kirkwall has a long history full of strife and blood. Current events continue this pattern of history, and there are some that would call Kirkwall cursed.
The city-state currently has a number of conflicts causing problems for its citizenry and leadership.
- A group of Qunari lead by the Arishok are still settled into a makeshift warehouse refuge in the Dock district, after 3 years.
- Apostates grow bolder, causing tighter lockdowns in the Gallows.
- Darkspawn have been sighted around Sundermount.
- Tal-Vashoth bandits ambush merchants using the roads on the Wounded Coast.
- The Coterie and the Carta have a stranglehold on Darktown.
- Rumors of Blood Magic circulate.
Some lore, dates, and choices information are different for Thedas: Timelines than Dragon Age 2. To see these differences, please review both our Official Timeline (Link to come) and Kirkwall Canon Choices.
Last edited by a moderator: