• Hello Guest, the Post-Trespasser timeline is open to all characters now. If you want to play your DA:O/DA2 timeline characters in the Post-Trespasser timeline, please check out the thread below. It will give you all the information you need to get up and running in no time:

Getting your DA:O/DA2 Character ready for Post-Trespasser!

(Hopefully) Brief Hiatus

Ferren Bairston

Guard-Captain of Highever
Staff member
DAO/DA2 Timeline
Hey everyone,

I've stalled on writing this because I really wanted to just somehow overcome all of the stuff going on in my life right now and figure out a regular posting schedule, but it's just not happening. My last two books have bombed, which is forcing me to write the next ones fast, with long work days and insane word counts to meet the goals I feel like I have to set. I'm under so much stress right now I can barely think straight, and when I do have free time, it tends to go into something not writing related.

Also dealing with some personal stuff I have... complicated feelings about, and the old depression rodeo. All those things are making it hard for me to have the time or energy to post, and it sucks, but I finally need to admit it.

I'm going to take a hiatus of about 3-4 weeks to finish the two books I'm working on back to back and hopefully get things on track. I will still respond to plot threads where my participation is keeping them from moving forward. I think I'm only in one right now. If you're in a thread with me and need to know how it would resolve, please let me know. I'll still be in Discord and available that way.

When I get back, I will probably contact thread partners and try to pare down my massive backlist of owed threads. If it's one that's been going for a while that we can assume an outcome to, we can do that. Otherwise expect another couple weeks for me to get to each thread, as I likely still won't be able to post at a rate of more than 1-2 a day.